When I first heard of Cauliflower Pizza, two thoughts came to my mind, the first being that it sounds impossible to make cauliflower into pizza, and the second being that there is no way that this could taste good. I was wrong on both counts! Turning cauliflower into pizza dough proved to be pretty easy and it tasted so much like real pizza, it was delicious! I will be making this recipe again and I plan to experiment with the toppings and the sauces. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups uncooked frozen cauliflower (you can use fresh, but I used frozen)
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fat-free Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Turkey Pepperoni
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- 6 ounce water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Splenda
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
- Microwave cauliflower for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it is like the consistency of rice.
- Make sure to not over pulse as it will be harder to spread.
- Place cauliflower on a paper towel and let the paper towel draw up any remaining moisture.
- In a small bowl mix reduced-fat cheese and fat-free cheese together.
- Set 1 cup of cheese mixture aside to be used as topping for pizza.
- In a medium size bowl mix pulsed cauliflower, 1 cup of cheese, and egg together.
- Add in Oregano, Basil, Garlic Powder, and salt to cauliflower and cheese mixture.
- Mix well and make sure all of the cheese has melted.
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a pizza pan.
- Heavily coat parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- You can not use aluminum foil or wax paper as the cauliflower will stick to pan.
- Spread cauliflower onto parchment paper. I
- start by spooning large amounts of cauliflower on the outside of the pan and working my way to the inside.
- Make sure to spread the cauliflower mixture as thin as possible.
- You now have your pizza dough.
- Bake the dough in oven for 20-22 minutes until the dough is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove crust from the oven and turn oven onto Broil.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl using a whisk or spoon.
- Refrigerate sauce for 10-15 minutes before using to allow ingredients to blend.
- Freeze or refrigerate extra sauce for future use.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Nutrition Info: Serivings: 6 - Amount Per Serving (1 Slice) - Calories: 173, Fat: 6.9g, Fiber: 1.6g, Sugars: 2.1g, Protein: 18.9g, WWP: 4
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com