I usually throw meals together at the last minute, and I rarely follow recipes. I’ve also discovered that kids will eat pretty much anything if you wrap it in a tortilla and call it a taco! This is what I threw together last night, and it turned out pretty tasty!
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 1 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
spice measurements are estimates…add more or less to taste!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup salsa & 1/2 cup water combined
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Fresh veggies – red peppers, green peppers, diced tomatoes, lettuce…whatever you fancy!
- Low fat shredded cheese (optional)
- Low fat sour cream (optional)
- Place tilapia fillets in a greased baking dish.
- Season with spices and drizzle with grape seed oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven, and tear into small chunks.
- While the fish is baking, cook rice in the salsa/water mixture.
- Serve fish & rice in warm whole wheat tortillas.
- Top with fresh veggies, low fat shredded cheese & sour cream (if desired)…and enjoy!