Who says hotdogs have to be just be for kids? One of my favorite restaurants in Cincinnati is The Senate and they are best known for their unbelievably delicious gourmet hotdogs. My favorite is called The Trailer Park…I know what a name and I used it as inspiration for this healthier version. While dining at the Senate you can try out other wildly named flavor combinations of gourmet hotdogs such as The Hello Kitty or The Howard Stern! Check out their menu here.
This recipe was a huge hit with the family and I plan on serving it at my next get-together with my friends. I think it is the delicious combination of the coleslaw and crunchy chips that make it so yummy. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 8 turkey hotdogs
- 8 whole wheat hot dog buns
- 1 batch of Skinny Slaw
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat barbecue potato chips (I used Grippos Barbecue chips and splurged a little here as I love the flavor of this brand but any brand will
- Place hotdogs on the a well heated grill. Cook hotdogs for 8-10 minutes until heated.
- Mix Skinny Slaw according to recipe and place in refrigerator.
- Place hotdog in bun and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Next spoon around 1/2 cup of Skinny Slaw onto hotdog.
- Top off hotdogs with a sprinkle of crushed potato chips.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Nutrition Info Per Serving (1 hotdog): Calories: 270, Fat: 12.5g, Carbohydrates: 30, Protein: 9.5g, Sugars; 8g, Fiber: 2.5g
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com