My kids love making the dough and of course they love playing with it. We make special Fall colors around Halloween and certainly there are beautiful colors red and Green around the Christmas Holiday. So this is what you need, just make sure to help your children with the hot water.
Ingredients for each color:
1 cup of white flour
1/4 cup of salt
2 teaspoons of food coloring
1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of cream of tarter
1 cup of water
plastic zip lock bags
1. Mix flour, salt and cream or tartar in a medium pot.
2. Then add water, food coloring of choice and oil.
1. Stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. This will look like a globbery mess but will turn into dough.
2. When the mixture forms a ball, turn the stove off and let cool. Once cooled, remove from pot an place on a floured surface and knead.
3. Put in plastice bag and store in the refriderator.
Shelley Shearer, DMD www.shelleyshearerdmd.com