A fun and tasty way to prepare chicken tenders that you and your kids will enjoy. The delicious mixture of Panko bread crumbs and coconut give the chicken a sweet and crunchy flavor. The added Fiber One Cereal gives the chicken extra fiber making these tenders not only yummy but nutritious. Pair with a delicious side dish like our spicy sweet potato fries and you have a healthy and easy meal perfect for the whole family.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
Serving Size: 2 chicken tenders
- 6 (about 12 oz) chicken tenderloins
- 7 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1/3 cup egg substitute or 3 egg whites
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- dash garlic powder
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, crush Fiber One cereal to a bread crumb consistency.
- Combine coconut flakes, panko, Fiber Once bread crumbs, and salt in a bowl.
- Put egg whites or egg beaters in a separate small bowl.
- Next, dip chicken into the egg and then into the coconut mixture.
- Place chicken strips evenly on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and coconut is golden brown, turn chicken once half way through cooking time.
- Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com
Skinny Mom Fact: Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is classified as a “functional food” because it provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content.