This Skinny Meal is a must try, especially if you love yummy tasting hot wings, but hate the calories that come packed into a traditional recipe. Our “Skinny” take on this traditional recipe is low in calories and fat. After you taste these wings, we know that you and your family will be going back for seconds. Don’t worry…with this recipe you can!
- 4-5 chicken breasts cut into large pieces
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank's Extra Red Hot Sauce (if you don't like the extra hot, just leave this out and add a little extra of the original Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 3/4 cup Fiber One Cereal (the original flavor)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs or substitute for original bread crumbs if you can't find the whole wheat flavor
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- After cutting the chicken breasts into large pieces, place the chicken into a large Ziploc® bag.
- Add both the Frank's Red Hot Sauce and the Frank's Extra Red Hot Sauce into the Ziploc® bag and give it a good shake to make sure the chicken is covered.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour to 2 hours to let the chicken marinate.
- Add the Fiber One Cereal into a food processor and process until the cereal is a bread like consistency.
- Add the Fiber One cereal to the whole wheat bread crumbs and add black pepper and crushed red pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a non-stick pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from the plastic bag and dip each piece of chicken into the bread crumb mixture and place on pan. Repeat with all of the chicken pieces.
- Place chicken in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, turning chicken half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Nutrition Info and Tips
Per Serving (1/4th of recipe):
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com