I have found that I can put the word “party” behind just about anything and put a smile on my kids face. I have been discussing the Royal wedding with my three year old boy and four year girl over the weekend and realized that I distinctly remember watching Princess Diana’s wedding and ceremony.
I do not need too many reasons to have a party, so here are some of our party ideas for our special Royal Princess wedding:
1. Plan on DVR the wedding since it will be 4am here while the wedding is in England.
2. Pull out your daughter’s princess dress and hats for the party. I would be lucky to find and fit in my wedding dress but you are welcome to try.
3. You can’t forget the tiara’s for the girlsand crowns for the boys.
4. A magic wand to make all the kids a Prince or a Princess for the day.
5. Grab the tea sets. You cannot have a English party without tea cups.
6. My grocery store happens to sell crumpets and tea cookies so I will pick some up to serve at the party.
7. Make place card for everyone that is attending the party.
8. We are making Cupcakes and possibly a tiered cake with gold and silver sprinkles which I found at the grocery store.
The local party store is sure to make this easier, expecially with all of the memorabilis being sold out there.
For more offical information of the royal wedding visit: www.theofficialroyalwedding2011.org
Best Wishes to the Royal Couple! Shelley Shearer, DMD www.shelleyshearer.com