You and your family are sure to love our yummy recipe for Baked Chicken Parmesan. Reduced fat cheese and reduced sugar marinara sauce help make this Itailian favorite a low fat and healthy dinner.
Skinny Mom Fact: Beware of eating chicken parmesan when dining out. Romano’s Macaroni Grill’s Primo Chicken Parmesan dish is a diet disaster! This dish packs in 2220 calories and 148g fat! Yikes! We will stick to cooking at home with the Skinny Mom version!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, you can also mix in crushed Fiber One cereal
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 chicken breasts (about 3 ounces each)
- 2 cups of prepared marinara sauce (look for reduced sugar)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups angel hair whole wheat pasta
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Fill large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Whisk egg with water in shallow dish. Combine pine nuts, bread crumbs, and seasoning in a separate dish.
- Dip chicken into egg and then nut mixture. Arrange chicken on the prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn over chicken breasts and top each 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and cheeses.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese has melted and the chicken is cooked through the center.
- While chicken is baking, add angel hair pasta to boiling water and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve chicken over pasta and enjoy!
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com