Turn up the heat in the kitchen with these easy and healthy beef enchiladas!
Skinny Mom Fact: In Spanish, the word enchilada means a yummy Mexican dish. We would have to agree!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 2 cans enchilada sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat mexican cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 small can of green chilies
- 10 whole wheat soft tortilla shells (I used LaTortilla Factory Smart and Low Carb brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9 x 12 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cook sirloin on medium heat until done. Drain meat and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Next, add green chilies to onion and stir. Add cooked sirloin to onion and green chilies.
- Mix meat mixture with one can of enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon meat onto center of tortillas and roll. Place tortillas with the seam side facing down into pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Info and Tips
Copyright 2013 SkinnyMom.com